Sunday, October 30, 2005

Squirrel Barf


This is a funny picture of a squirrel that my daughter Valancy and/or son-in-law Dave took on a vacation in Nova Scotia this summer. It looks as if it's barfing! Must be a bad peanut.

I spent the day yesterday making Christmas cards at Valancy's place with her mother-in-law, Bev, and best friend, Grace. I ended up making three cards, one of which was awful. But I think overall my cards will be nicer this year.

I have to go to Vancouver again this week, for a team meeting. We had two Supreme Court decisions two Fridays in a row. Much excitement around the office; both were good decisions for us.

Mike had some bad news after his three-month check up with his surgeon, Dr. Oake. His PSA levels went up. They had been about .08, .09 for over a year since his surgery in July of 2004. Now it's .13, which seems to indicate that the surgeon did not get all of the cancer. So he's referring Mike to an oncologist, who will likely recommend salvage radiation. This makes me want to barf. Poor Mike, having survived the operation, the emergency operation later the next day to stop the blood loss, the recovery fgrom all of the side effects, and healing - finally looking and feeling healthy - and now this. It's so discouraging. However, he is a long way from death's door yet. I read about a man whose PSA went up from 1900 to 2200 in a month - living with bone cancer (which untreated prostate cancer turns into after a time, apparently).

Yeah, Squirrelly, I know just how you feel.

No comments: