Sunday, March 26, 2006

My Home Office

I spend a lot of time in this room, on the computer, editing and printing photos, doing crafts and scrapbooking. Mike installed some new shelves and a paper rack on one side of the closet. I use the other side for storing off-season dresses.

The formica table was from the old farm. It was new in 1968, I think. The corner desk was one that we'd bought for Valancy in her university days to use in the dining room. The printer table is actually an old TVand stereo stand, with a rack that held LPs and tape cassettes.

This room had been a child's nursery; the walls were tan and with sage green beadboard as a wainscotting. I painted the beadboard glossy black and the walls pale yellow. I haven't got around to hanging my B&W photos in B&W frames yet.

The light here is great for most of the day. There are two six feet high windows with decent sills, and another just outside the door. It is pleasant and roomy; warm in winter and cool in the summer. The wide-plank pine floors are easy to clean and allergen-free - except for the odd bit of glitter!

No comments: