Sunday, November 25, 2012

2012

I've been very busy this past year.  In January, I went to a wedding in Mexico for my niece Randi, and shared a room with my sister Pat and friend Paige. Apparently, I snore terribly! On purpose! Of course, neither of these two dainty ladies uttered a sound. I also got very sick, but I think it was more a virus than Montezuma's revenge. Mike stayed home to look after the dog.  In spite of it all, it was a nice place to stay and a cute wedding.

The grandkids are now 5, 3 and 15 months, going on 30, 13 and 2.  We have spent a lot of time with them all; at least once a week and more often recently since Valancy returned to work. 

We finally gave up on solar-heating the large pool and bought an electric pool heater.  Swam nearly every day this past summer. We have been volunteering a lot with the Cancer Society, since 2010.

Went to Manitoba in September and had fun visiting friends and family in Winnipeg, Portage la Prairie and Brandon.

Mike retired in September, 2011, but still shows up as working at Statistics Canada online and if you call his work number.  His former colleagues have suggested that this is because his old empire-building boss wants to "cut" him and get brownie points for it!





No comments: